Sunday, March 15, 2009

Politics In Volunteerism?

This morning had attended the interviewing of new befrienders for the camp this year ........
Saw many different kind of newbies this year....... different people different characters different views of volunteerism
Some newbies are recommended by their friends who came from the previous yrs... some are bfs and gfs who share with one another..... its actually quite heart-warming to know about people enjoying the camp and share with their close and love ones.....
But the sad thing is to learn that actually politics do exist in volunteering too.
To me, I always thought people who volunteering are kind at heart, very easy to get along, as long as everyone are happy they are happy....... but the truth is not.
I was really down when I got to know of this.... esp when it involves my several good friends whom I had learnt a lot from them before.... and even shared things with them.......
I guess the ugly side of human do exist everywhere...... and we have to learn to accept this fact.
Whatever it is, I told myself that I will give it my best shot for the benefit and happiness of the kids no matter what.
And perhaps next year, I'll move into another charter to see what I can contribute to avoid all these politics.

Disheartened Melon,
15th March 2009, 2330HRS


@ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED @